Date & Time
4th-8th November 2019 | Monday to Friday | 10.00-17.00
371 Clapham Road
London SW9 9BT
Bring me there
This Portrait Painting Masterclass taught by Luca Indraccolo will teach you to paint a competent portrait in oils. To maintain the highest quality teaching and results there are no more than four students per portrait model allowing each student to achieve a full portrait in oils within the five day course.
This course will address the following:
- Applying a knowledge of anatomy to a portrait
- Understanding the proportions and planes of the head and using props such as the skeleton and skull to inform understanding and develop a deeper knowledge of the underlying structure of the form
- Capturing an accurate likeness of the sitter and bringing out the best in your model
- How to organise a complicated subject with a simple value range
- Assembling an appropriate palette of colour and mixing accurate colour values
- Paint handling and edge control
- Controlling focus within portrait painting and overall design
This Masterclass is limited to 8 students and takes place in the Workshop Room of the LARA London studio. Each model is lit with individual professional photographic lighting which provides a steady, unchanging environment from which to observe all elements of portrait painting.
A full materials list will be provided on booking. Most materials can be purchased in the LARA shop onsite.
“Personalised tuition from a great tutor” – Mary Povey, Portrait Painting Masterclass student 2018