Congratulations to Cali Scott for winning the LARA Easter Scholarship Competition, and to runner-up Luke Nolan. We look forward to welcoming them to the school soon for Easter School.
And a huge thank you to everyone who applied. We were yet again blown away by the quality and range of artwork being produced. We do encourage applications to our Summer Scholarship Competition (deadline 20th May.)
This Competition is now closed for entries.
After a fantastic first Summer Scholarship Competition we are delighted to announce our inaugural LARA Easter Scholarship Competition!
LARA London will host one first prize winner for the full two weeks of Easter School | Introduction to Materials (1st-12th April 2019, worth £845). In addition, one runner up will be hosted for one week of the Easter School (subject to availability, worth £435).
Over the course of two weeks on Easter School students will be taught the essentials of cast drawing and figure drawing and painting, spending ten full days in the studios with 60 hours of contact time with LARA tutors, with a special emphasis on experimenting with materials used on the LARA Diploma.
If you would like to take part in the competition but would also like to guarantee your place on Easter School we advise booking ahead. Should you win first or second prize the relevant fees will be refunded to you. Please note we currently have a 15% discount on Easter School for sixth-form students. Please call the school to book your place and receive your discount. Proof of enrolment at a school/college is required.
Rules of the competition
1. This scholarship is aimed at school leavers, so entrants must be aged 16-20 years old.
2. All entrants will be judged on a portfolio of work, as well as a written statement. All judging will be done digitally. Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] (subject line ‘Easter Scholarship’) to include the following:
a. Name, age, address, current school or place of higher education if applicable, email address, telephone number.
b. A written statement of no more than 300 words on why you would benefit from attending Easter School.
c. A portfolio of 3-10 images, of size 1-5MB, attached to the email, with the total attachment size not exceeding 20MB. File format should be either JPG or PNG. If you need help with image compression we recommend http://optimizilla.com/.
3. Works in the submitted portfolio must be of a representational nature. All media will be considered but graphite, charcoal, pastel, oil and acrylic are the most suitable.
4. The deadline for entries is midday on Monday 11th February 2019.
5. Winners will be announced on this page shortly thereafter.
6. Although we will only directly contact the winner and the runner-up after the announcement, we welcome requests for feedback from those who are unsuccessful by email.
7. The LARA London Easter School will take place in our London studio on 371 Clapham Road, London, SW9 9BT between 1st and 12th April 2019.
8. Previous winners of a LARA Scholarship Competition are not eligible to apply. However, previous runners-up of a LARA Scholarship Competition are eligible to apply.
9. Applicants are welcome to apply to both the Easter Scholarship Competition 2019 and Summer Scholarship Competition 2019 but should note it is not possible to win both competitions. It is possible to be the runner-up for the Easter School competition and the winner of the Summer School competition. If an applicant is applying to both competitions they must send two separate portfolios.