Portrait Painting Masterclass Stephanie Kullberg
24th-28th April 2017 | 10:00-5:00 | Max: 8
This Portrait Painting Masterclass will teach you to paint a competent portrait using the sight-size method, starting with a simple charcoal transfer drawing through to a finished study in oils.Course Dates24th-28th April 2017 £0
£5 £10 £25Quantity
about Portrait Painting Masterclass Stephanie Kullberg
This 5 Day Portrait Painting Masterclass taught by Stephanie Kullberg will teach you to paint a competent portrait using the sight-size method, starting with a simple charcoal transfer drawing through to a finished study in oils. To maintain the highest quality teaching and results there are no more than four students per portrait model allowing each student to a achieve a sight size portrait within the five day course.
The course will address
- Applying a knowledge of anatomy to a portrait
- Understanding the proportions and planes of the head and using props such as the skeleton and skull to inform understanding and develop a deeper knowledge of the underlying structure of the form
- Using sight-size to capturing an accurate likeness of the sitter and bringing out the best in your model
- How to organise a complicated subject with a simple value range
- Assembling an appropriate palette of colour and mixing accurate colour values
- Paint handling and edge control
- Controlling focus within portrait painting and overall design
Each class is limited to eight students working from two models in sight-size. The workshop room is located within the main school of The London Atelier of Representational Art. Each model is lit with individual professional photographic lighting providing a steady, unchanging environment from which to observe all elements of portrait painting.
Please note that specific materials are required for this course. You will receive a complete list on application.
‘A week workshop at LARA was a chance to selfishly devote all my time and energy to the one thing I love doing most. It was very concentrated in a positive way, the environment was relaxed , the course well structured, the tutor generous with time one to one as well to the group as a whole. I felt I got lost in my own world of endeavour and pleasure at trying and it did not matter not being the best in the group. I wanted the week to last longer – being a small group also was lovely.’ C Barnes